Monday, July 9, 2018

Message from Melina

Melina Teaching
My name is Melina Cortina Castro, I am a Sociology student from the University of Victoria. On May 14 I began a three-month co-op work term in La Casita. Since then, I have been helping out with the different programs, such as the reading, spelling, and math lessons for primary school children and the activities and lunches with the elderly women from the community. As of May 22, I began teaching English classes once a week to the young graduates to help them with their job searches. As I am bilingual in English and Spanish I am able to help the students with their pronunciation. We hope that these classes will help them to expand their vocabulary and understanding of the English language, so they can succeed in their job searching and be motivated to continue learning.

Games in the Casita Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment